It is crazy busy in our house these days:
- one out of town dance competition completed
- visit from BIL
- Visit from niece
- Grandma visiting
- #1 son moved back home from university
- deep in the second dance competition, in town
- weather is miserable with snow showers
- son gets wisdom teeth out
- 3rd out of town dance competition next week
are you tired yet, I am exhausted!
Not much sewing being done with this crazy schedule, but I did manage to finally get this quilt finished.
This quilt was started back in the fall, taking inspiration from the falling leaves. I used up all my brown, green, cheddar and brick red scraps to make the crumb squares. I played and played with the layout until I came up with this. I stippled around the cheddar borders, and stitched in the ditch around each block. the larger crumb blocks I stitched crazy straight lines (oops didn’t take a close up of that). I free motioned a vine of leaves in the brown border.
This project was very liberating and something really outside what I usually do. I think I will have to make another one.
Be sure to check out other Friday finishes on Amylouwho’s Sew & Tell. She has some incredible little finishes featured that are sew cute.