Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Friday, May 27, 2011
I certainly haven’t been behind my sewing machine lately! (it was actually getting dusty!)
Where have I been and what have I been up to you ask ?
A recap of the last 6 weeks:
- family visiting from Ontario
- high school dance production (3 nights)
- competition dress rehearsal (2 nights)
- out door soccer try outs
- dance competition (4 days out of town)
- Grade 6 science fair
- mom visiting from Ontario
- Easter holidays
- moved #1 son home from university
- dance competition #2 (all week in the city)
- renovation quotes happening
- dog groomed
- started fitness training
- dance competition #3 (4 days out of town)
- regular dance classes
- soccer games and practices (3 nights a week)
- sister visiting from Ontario
- dance competition #4 (2 mornings in town)
- competition showcase of dances
- son gets a job
- husband on a business trip
- daughter has slight fender bender (she is ok)
- had an allergic reaction from full body spa treatment, (ugh itch itch)
- winter tires off vehicles
- numerous trips to the airport
- head cold (feeling better)
- clean, cook, shop, laundry, repeat
- gardening (when it is not raining)
- son’s 19thbirthday
- class field trip
- our 21st anniversary
Now you know why I haven’t been sewing!
However, yesterday I declared it a sewing day (since it is cold and rainy) and I was on a roll. I hope to have a top finished this weekend. I have another long list of things to do. i.e. bottle drive fundraiser, soccer game, dinner out with hubby, dance pictures, birthday parties etc. etc.
Sunday I hope to go to the Festival of Quilts held each year at Heritage Park here in Calgary.
What have you been up to?
Have a great weekend
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
After much humming and hawing, I decided to show you one of the quilts I made this winter to help break up the January blues and that it was going to a very special lady.
Here is it’s story: