Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Dutch Day!

If you have read my profile you will know that I have lived in The Netherlands. Actually I have lived there twice in my life. Once as an Rotary Exchange Student during Grade 12 for a whole year. The second time with my family of 5 for 3 years. (2000-2003). Each experience was unique and different with fond memories of a great country.

So today became my mini Dutch day.

Starting with my favourite pink tulips in my Delft Blauw vase on my kitchen table. They are standing so tall and pretty.

Since daughter #1 is off on her spring break this week (the others next week) she wanted to go eat Dutch Pancakes! If you have never tried them they are quite something, plate size and in combinations to suite everyone. We are fortunate to have this great restaurant that serves up the authentic pannekoeken (although the names is not really proper Dutch). The lady that owns the restaurant actually went over to The Netherlands to learn how to make them, that was over 25 years ago.














The menu is enormous with many choices in both savoury and sweet versions. I chose savoury, ham, cheese and tomato.




My daughter chose sweet, banana, coconut and chocolate sauce, yummy. We also had a good friend along with us, Tante (Aunt) Ria. She is of Dutch heritage and enjoys coming along for the great food.

Of course no outing would be complete with out stopping at a LQS, just for a little bit. I picked up some embroidery patterns.

Stop by Friday for a post about a finish!!!

Tot Ziens




4 comments:

  1. Die pannekoeken zien er heerlijk uit!

    So much fun to see a Dutch post Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie tulpen! We just eat pannenkoeken met appel en stroop! yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, lekker! Pannekoeken gaan er altijd wel in!! Lovely tulips Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Easter Table Runner looks beautiful!

    Pancakes, looks like a place I should visit while in Calgary.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.