Friday, October 11, 2013

A summer finish

I was so bad not blogging over the summer I forgot to show you this finish. 

This quilt was started back in 2009. 

 I listed it on my UFO confessions list in January.

Many of the fabrics in the squares are from the 90's;  from crafting days, early quilting days and sewing clothes for the kids days.  I can still remember what they are from.  Ask me in another 20 years!!

I machine quilted it on my domestic machine.  Its queen size! I had chosen a white backing fabric originally, but changed it just before quilting.  I needed something with more pattern to camouflage the quilting.  








How is your UFO list shrinking or expanding?

Lee
p.s. linking up to Finish it Up Friday

5 comments:

  1. Beauty! How nice to have all those memories in one place! My UFO list shrinks then grows, then shrinks...... Right now - 1 quilt most fabric purchased, waiting for me to find the rest; 1 quilt sort of started, but need some Misty Fuse to continue; 1 set of quilt blocks started via a stash-buster challenge; 5 quilts and a set of placemats all waiting for me to finish the binding; 1 quilts and a Linus blanket completed waiting to go to their new owners. But then there are the 2 baby quilts due for December on the horizon, just have to decide on patterns and fabrics. So that's where I'm at

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the pictures with the landscapes above them. My list isn't quite shrinking yet, but Christmas is going to force me to actually do some of those bindings looming over my shoulder and cross a few things off my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great. I love that you can still remember where the fabrics came from. I hope I am able to do that with my scrap quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been quilting a couple of years and don't have any UFOs . I'm still in the phase of " I can't wait to finish it!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expanding!!!! Much to my utter shame, this was to be my Clear Up The UFO Pile year, and in some ways it has, then I had to try something... and another few projects ended up being started....... abasement, but I will not hide! My new rule and how to handle this because I know it will happen again - I am not to start another project if I have something on the wall. (and no, I can not take it off the wall and put it away for later either!!!)
    I have to finish what I am working on - and getting it to the top stage counts. The quilting part is nice, but not necessary to call it done, so after the top is done, I can start or do something else. But, the quilt stage can not be a long wait either - I want these things done and out of my room so, keep the line moving and get ALL THE UFO PILE done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.