Sunday, January 3, 2010

my last finish for 2009


Talk about finishing under the wire. I can officially say I finished this quilt before the stroke of midnight on the 31st...11:50pm to be exact. This quilt was my oldest UFO in hiding. I found it a couple of weeks before Christmas. Originally it was suppose to be a tree skirt. Over the years I would get it out, look at the hand written instructions, get frustrated with it and put it away. Well this year when I took it out and couldn't find the instructions I decided what the hec it is going to be a quilt instead. It was in two pieces already but not square in the corners (if that makes sense). There were even some squares already cut in the bundle. I added them to the corners even if they didn't match, put on one border, but then decided it needed another. So off to the LQS to find some fabric of the same vintage, I wouldn't call them the prettiest fabrics now. I did manage to piece the back together. I made a 12" maverick star for the back to represent the star of Bethlehem. I ran out of waking hours to quilt this before Christmas. A couple days after the Christmas when things had settled down a bit, I sat down and machine quilted with a meandering loops, stars and holly leaves. In the end I love how it turned out and how it graces our family sofa now and for what I hope will be many years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Finishing a quilt at New Year’s Eve... 10 minuted before Midnight... You’re something special!!

    Love your finishes. Here’s to a wonderful 2010 full of starts and finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little quilt and better late than--etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.