Sunday, May 2, 2010

I have to stop.....

....shopping, that is. I have to take a bit of a shopping break for fabrics and other quilt related items for a while (trying to hold off until July). Time to get some items made and out of the house instead of always buying.

I may actually have two orders for my Easter table runner. (How much would you charge?)

Here is what I got at Quilt Canada on the last of my buying for awhile:

One can never have enough FQ's, charm packs, dessert rolls and fun food prints.

The fat quarters on the left are all music themed. This will hopefully turn into a Rock and Roll quilt for my son for graduation.

(I have to start, but don't know what pattern to use...any ideas?)

Lastly, the elephant pattern is for a wallhanging for a couple who got married on an elephant reserve in South Africa. The birthday cards are for my daughter to embellish and give to her friends.


I have to tell you about my day on Friday. I wanted to go back to Quilt Canada to finish off seeing the vintage quilts, but daughter #2 was off school and I didn't want to leave her home most of the day. Well she said she would like to join me and my friend. I was thrilled. So off we went and she was really enthusiastic to see all the quilts, old sewing machines and vendors. She even chose some fat quarters for her own polka dot fabric collection (yikes what have I started). She was as amazed as I was with the juried quilts, getting up close and taking a good look at them, awing the colour combinations etc. From there we had to go help set up, the new guild I joined, quilt show. She was again very helpful setting up and was proud and a bit timid to show the ladies her quilt. However, she gleamed when she saw it hanging from the rafters with all the other gorgeous quilts. I believe the show was a great success too!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that for all the time I was there to we didn't manage to meet up!

    Hmm, I have a few ideas for that rock and roll quilt. When we do sit down for tea I'll share them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.