Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And the days just roll by.....


I hope everyone is surviving the holidays ok. We had a great Christmas and are now taking the days leisurely, enjoying the break from all the kids activities and work. I am adjusting to having everyone home! I have so much to post about, but with everyone home and still the usual duties of the house to run, I am not finding much time. I did quickly want to show you the quilt I finished for my daughter. She (9 years old at the time) started it last spring. She would look in my string bin for like colours and sew them together into blocks. When we ran out of strings she would ask for fat quarters to be cut. At first I was going to sash it in black, but then opted for the white to make it more 'light' . I finished it on the sly, in the evenings when she was in bed & managed to get it done on the 22nd just before she got out of school. I decided to back it with flannel as she is always cold in bed. I stippled it just because I needed it to be done quickly. Her favourite colour is lime green and the polka dots on the flannel had all the colours in it, so a perfect fit. The binding is "Riveria' by Free Spirit, which again has all the colours of the rainbow.

7 comments:

  1. Love the new quilt for your daughter!
    Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt! How nice that your daughter has caught the quilting bug so early - it's great to share a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...very pretty....and love the color blocks....I may have to put this one in my to-do bin....at some point!! Love it, it is beautiful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! it is just so lovely! I love it...so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous. My daughter loves to play with strips too. This would be a fabulous quilt to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! You've obviously passed on some good colour sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I am a lover of quilts, really enjoy your blog. The one today is very pretty. I cannot make them, just buy and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.