Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas surprise!

Well I almost did it, that is finishing my other daughter's quilt before Christmas. I forgot she was getting out of school for break earlier then her siblings. that meant she was with me all the time and it was hard for me to finish her quilt. She (at 14yrs old) started and completed the top last spring. This was her first time making a quilt. We used 4 charm packs and a 2.5"wide sashing. All the colour choices were hers. The backing is pink just like her room. Luckily, one night, she got called to babysit and I managed to finish stitching , in a meandering loopy de loop pattern. I got it all done except the hand sewing of the binding. I think she should try to work on that a bit.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt, I love the colors!
    Wishing you a wonderful turn of the year and all the best in 2010, Lee!

    Groeten, Corry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. I bet she loved those bright colors. I sure do! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt and your daughter looks so happy. She and you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the quilt and your doughter look georgeous! have a wonderful 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.