Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday--In a Christmas Way


I know it has been ages since i posted a VTT item, sorry. Really crazy busy at my house, but hopefully I will get back to normal...whatever that is. If you are new to VTT Suzanne at Colorado Lady host this great weekly post about all things vintage.
Yesterday as I was unpacking all the Christmas decorations. Now I come across these Christmas ornaments every year. They have travelled many miles over the years. They originally came from my mom, used on our tree when I was growning up. When I moved out she gave me a few boxes to get me started. I remember as a kid our tree had every colour of the rainbow on it. Now I don't use these balls on my tree as I keep just to gold and red. I can't believe they are in the originally packaging. I will keep them around for many more years probably. Great memories come alive when I see these from yester year!
Today it is really cold outside (yet I know there will be colder ones to come) so I declare it a sewing day....need to get a few things down and in the mail. Off to the machine I go......

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful treasures!! My Mom made a wreath where she took a grapevine wreath that I had made and glued some of her old ornaments to it that she didn't use on their tree anymore. At first I was amazed that she did that to those ornaments, then I realized that I really loved it. She hangs in in the hallway in the basement after the holidays, and I love to look at it - year round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so nice in the package that I think they would be nice to display just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornaments are really, really pretty, but I love the boxes!! They would look fantastic just sitting out like that! Do it! Do it!
    Happy VTT!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage Christmas things..they're all so wonderful. Happy VTT, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ornaments, the colors are great...I declared it sewing day too, and my machine ran overtime....Happy VTT and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ornaments. They are vintage for sure :-) Happy VTT

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage ornaments. Checking the price on the bottom - that is unreal (at least I think it was the price).

    Cheers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to have your childhood ornaments. Maybe one day you will want a rainbow of colors on your tree again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing that they are in their original package because they are fragile I guess. It reminds me of my childhood too we have different colors of Christmas balls makes it more colorful. Happy weekend!


    My VTT is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colors are pretty - so soft and pastel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely treasure! so nice all the memories come back every year when you unpack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely treasures from childhood!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.