Sunday, May 15, 2011

Quilters are so kind

About a month and a half ago I blogged about a lady here in Calgary that was gathering quilts to send to the victims of Japan's earthquake and tsunami.




I donated the first quilt.  I hope it goes to a young girl and brighten her days and keep her warm at night.






 To date, if you can believe,  Quilts for Japan has gathered over 500 quilts and more are on their way!!!  They are coming in from all over North America.    Deadline for donations is May 30th.

You can hear more about this endeavour be following this link:  http://www.quiltsforjapan.ca/News/quiltsforjapaninthelocalnews

Quilters are truly amazing and generous people and I am proud to be one.   Hats off to Bev Rogan for her time, energy, resourcefulness and love. The recepients of these quilts will be truly blessed!


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt for a wonderful project. I hope it helps to bring a little comfort to the new owner. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful piece! Love the colors & I love circles! Thanks for sharing. I featured this on my blog: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/gallery-of-featured-crafters-4-with.html

    Feel free to grab my Featured Button if you like. I see you have my regular button! Thanks for the luv!

    @pril

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.