Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dance banner and sewing update!

I have a couple of finishes to show off the next couple of days...finally!!!I made this banner for my daughter so she could have a place to show off all her dance awards she receives at competitions. It was my first time to trying to do the lettering...only the A i am not happy with, but oh well, better luck next time. I made a sleeve for the back and we will get it hung soon.
Stay tuned for a finished wonky log cabin coming your way...just have to finish the binding. I have been so busy reading Elm Creek Quilters 3 volume book, that I forgot to do some of my own sewing.
Yesterday my LQS had another 50% off sale. Well who can resist that. I bought a lot of fabric again, but this time I went with a list of projects that need to be started or finished and got fabrics for that only...well maybe a piece or two for the stash. I also found a great book for beginning applique. This is one area of quilting I haven't done much with and want to get started. There is such a cute flower pot pattern that I will use for my Summer Quilt Swap in the book. Normally the book sold for $38 and was on sale for $14. Even the lady behind me in line was admiring it. She went to look for it, but it was the only one. I also bought Christmas fabric for use in my Holiday swap. Since I was on a role with holiday fabric and I was also standing beside some wonderful fall fabric while I was in line, I grabbed some to make table runners!
so i have some project to get started on and of course there are the never ending ones to finish too.
Now I have to get my head around our upcoming vacation to the east coast of Canada. finally a break from the norm.
Have a good Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.