Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Florida Flamingo


This wonky log cabin was a quick quilt, made in a week. I recently found out that a lady near and dear to my mother had to move into a senior's residence. She is almost 87 and is still spry and mobile. Her previous living arrangements changed so she had to too. Although it is usually screaming hot in Florida, maybe sometimes the A/C is on a bit too much and she might like this to snuggle in. Hopefully too it will brighten her new home and her heart.
It was made with fabric from my stash, so I can't say it was from one designer/manufacturer. some of the fat quarters came from Florida to begin with!!
We are off on vacation, yahoo. For those of you with kids returning to school....good luck. For those of you still soaking up the last couple of weeks of vacation, have a great time.
See ya

1 comment:

  1. I live in Florida and am often quite cool in the summer because of the a/c. I'm sure your quilt will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.