Monday, August 24, 2009

M-I-A....not really just holidays

No I am not Missing In Action..I have been on holidays. The family and I were in the Maritimes for 10 days. We had an awesome time, the weather was great, well except for Sunday when hurricane Bill went through Halifax, so we just spent the day in the hotel. Wish I had had some hand sewing to do then but I didn't, instead I picked up my daughter's cross stitch and worked on that for her!! My hands can't be idle. I also finished off three more of the Elm Creek Quilter's books during the vacation. I am hooked on those and hope to get a few more this week, although then when will i get some sewing in? While in Nova Scotia we visited some friends at their cottage for the day. As a thank you for their hospitality I made this table runner for them. (the night before we left) I had to finish up the binding on the airplane. I had no idea what colours they would like but I was pleasantly surprised to see her yellow and blue decorative bowls on the table...kismet!I managed to have the rental car stop at a few quilt/fabric stores in NS and PEI. I picked up some lovely flannels and fat quarters at the Harbour Quilt Company just outside of Antigonish, NS. Also a few meters of fabric was purchased at the Bargain Fabric Outlet , just before we left PEI. Hard to pick out fabrics when you know there are 4 people in a SUV drumming their fingers wishing I would hurry up.
Now I am busy unpacking, catching up with emails, blogs, etc. Laundry is going already, pictures down loaded, dog picked up from the neighbour's Kids start school in 2-3 days, each one different so I will be busy again with my day/evening job of taxi driver, lunch maker and homework checker....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.