Monday, August 22, 2011

Only takes a moment

Hi all,
I know it only takes a moment to write on this blog, but my moments seem to be very filled these days. A re-cap of what I have been up to:

*one week in Kelowna for part vacation/part dance competion with my girls, my friend and her daughter
*get #3 ready for camp
*take #3 to camp
* #1 & 2 working summer jobs
*working in the garden
* working out and walking alot (starting to see some results too.)
* sewing now and then
* summer birthdays
*prepare for visitors
*5 family members come to visit (more on that later)
* recooperate after their visit
* on a whim send #3 to Ontario for a visit with family.
* more sewing, gardening, cleaning, life etc.
* preparing #1 to go back to university, into a house he is sharing with two others. (insert cleaned house for 5 hrs.)
 Needless to say it has been busy summer and only two weeks left and BTS.  It will be weird this year as I am not going back to work in the fall.  I quit at the preschool last December.  Of course I have been busy since and don't know how I ever found the time to work :)

On the sewing side of life I have a few finishes to show in the next couple of days.  I have missed checking in with everyone. 

If you think you are seeing double....it's okay....there are two quilts....almost the same.  These were made for twin boys born in March, given by their Aunt!

Such a fun pattern to make and the colours were great to work with.

 I love the backs almost as much as the front.
 Who doesn't love polks dots?
Random straight line quilting, 

I hope they keep these boys all snuggly and warm. 
(p.s. their cribs are black and the floor bright green)

What are you working on?

Lee

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely colors. What a great gift. Sounds like a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Lee! Love the random straight line quilting and fabulous bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.