Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Recovery



As some of you know Calgary, my city, and many surrounding communities, have been in a state of emergency since Friday of last week. 
While the water is starting to receded from the Elbow and Bow Rivers, there is still a lot of water now standing in areas it shouldn't be.  Many people are still homeless, or without power.  

The recovery effort is beginning, but it is going to be slow.  

I am doing my part the best way I know by sewing quilts.  I got together with other women yesterday at a LQS called My Sewing Room.  
Machines were flying, conversations were rampant and quilt tops were being whipped up. 

Donated fabric

great set up
Best part. Daugher #2 helped out by sewing her own kid's quilt
Quilters pot luck
Many hands make light work

While we were sewing (11-5pm) donations were pouring in from local quilters and areas not affected by the flooding.   If you want to donate tops, batting or finished quilts locals can drop them off at My Sewing Room. They have a team of local long armers that have offered their services.  Or you an email me lalaslovelys@hotmail.com

Now I am off to finish what I started yesterday before returning to the store to do more. 


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.