Friday, April 17, 2009

Quilt Festival 2009


What a great idea for this on line Festival. I always loved the motto "Shop on your seat, rather than your feet". This festival gives us the opportunity to connect and view in the comfort of our home. Hardest part? chosing which quilt is my favourite.


However, I think my second quilt I ever made would win. It is a lap size log cabin. Originally made for my friend's wedding gift in 1993, but then she called off the wedding and I kept the quilt...never did tell her. (she did end up getting married by the way). I remember it took me a long time to pick out the fabrics, but the ladies at the store were very patient. I always get a lot of compliments on this one, probably as it is usually on a couch in our house.
I am new to blogging so i hope through this festival I 'meet' many new quilting friends! Everyone's projects are so inspirational!

18 comments:

  1. I love log cabin quilts, you can do so much with them. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt. I agree, this is a wonderful way to meet some new quilting/blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Welcome to the great world of blogging too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend really missed out on a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice that you got to keep it. It's a lucky thing your friend doesn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt! so glad you ended up keeping it - treasures are so hard to part with :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, are you secretly glad you got to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt! It is wonderful to have a quilt with so many memories.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt. I love the soft colors. Memories and quilts...just go together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you did an awesome job putting those fabrics and colors together--it's so serene and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great quilt...thanks for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt and great story. It made me laugh and I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Log Cabins are one of my favorite patterns. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so pretty. The colours blend so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Log Cabin quilts are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a beautiful quilt. Log cabins are one of my favourite patterns. I have not made myself one though, only for others. I am glad you got to keep yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.