Monday, April 20, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday


For my first Vintage Thingie Thursday, I wasn't sure what to post. I am very fortunate to have many of my great Grandparents belongings from both sides of my father's family. From pieces of furniture, to porcelain, to pictures, to handicraft tools. what an awesome way to showcase some of their/my things. For years I have been working on my family tree as well.

I have started a small collection of hop nail glass. My Paternal grandmother handed down a couple of pieces to me and I am slowing finding more pieces from time to time.

The second picture is of a chest of drawers from my great grandmother again on my father's mmother's side. I have loved it forever and was very pleased when i inherited it in 1997. The inside is very rustic and the back is made from rough hewn boards. The hardware is original and there is a burn spot on the top probably from an oil lamp. My great grandparents came from Missouri and I am told this once was on a covered wagon. From Missouri it went to Ohio and from Ohio to Canada.

17 comments:

  1. Great items!! Come back Thursday and maybe repost!! I know the usual gals will want to be sure and find your link on the new mr. Linky. Welcome to VTT. Please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great treasures. Imagine the stories each piece could tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the drawers.. such a treasure! love it. Happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely treasures...i love the chest of drawers, amazing history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just peachy hop nail glass pieces! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to VTT! I love your hobnail glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection of hobnail and a gorgeous chest. Welcome to VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome and thanks for joining in! Your hobnail glass collection is great - very beautiful. The drawers are so neat, too - I love to see natural woodgrain....Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed viewing your family treasures today!! Very pretty. Good luck with your family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did my first post on Vintage Thingies Thursday today too. You are lucky to have some old family things. My parents didn't believe in saving anything, though I do have a few small items of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow great stuff! Welcome to VTT! Its really a lot of fun :) That chest of drawers is so beautiful. I love old furniture - it is my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to VTT. You have a wonderful first post. I love old furniture especially with such good character as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Hobnail treasures! Your story behind the chest of drawers...is so interesting! Have a great Thursday..julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful hob nail glass pieces!
    Welcome to VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to VTT. All your things are just beautiful..I love that chese. I have been doing my genealogy for maybe 5 years now..and isn't it fun? It makes our ancestors come alive for us..I love working with it, you are so lucky to know the stories behind your vintage things. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hobnail glass is lovely. Welcome to VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If that chest could talk...I would love to sit and listen to it's stories! It is great to have items passed down from generations. Family ownership just somehow makes the item all the more special and interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.