Friday, October 19, 2012

now back to July


In my next few posts I will  posting about quilt shops that I have visited in the last couple of months. 

First up M & L Fabrics in Anaheim, CA


Bonnie Hunter posted about this amazing shop last January or so.  I kept note of it then as I knew would be traveling to Anaheim in July. 

My daughters and 68 other dancers from our studio were dancing in the Disneyland Parade and doing some dance workshops on the Disney Grounds. 



I managed to sneak away from Disney one morning to find  fabric heaven. I even had one of the grandma's come along with me.
Let's just say, the chattter on the way over, quickly stopped once we opened the door.  I don't think I have ever seen so much fabric in one place.



Halleljuha

It was all very neat and tidy and well organized by style, types, colours and prices. (the aisles could be a bit wider as you couldn't get two grocery carts passing)
Yes grocery carts are what you need there and room on your credit card.  I read different reviews about the staff there.  We had no problems, in fact my cutting lady was super friendly and effecient.

Before going I did make a mental list of what I needed.  Because we all know what you need and want in fabric are two different things. 
 

bargain flat yardage
 
you name it they had it in every shade
 
What I came out with!!
 
The prices were amazing especially for us Canadians and the dollar was about par that day...bargain!!!I only wish I had more room in my suitcase!!!

I know I will be back to this store if I am ever in the are again!!!

Have you been to a fabric meca store before too?

Happy Stitching
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That's some store!! I love walking into a shop like that ... it's just as happy a place as Disneyland, in my very humble opinion!! LOL! Looks like you walked out with some fun finds, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt lives in Anaheim, up the street from M & L. I haven't been in the store since I've been a quilter though. That's probably a good thing. Disney is the happiest place on earth, second only to a great quilt store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite place to go when I'm up that way, I live about an hour away. The first time I went with my friends, I couldn't stop smilin' ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.