Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh sew busy….

It is crazy busy in our house these days:

  • one out of town dance competition completed
  • visit from BIL
  • Visit from niece
  • Grandma visiting
  • #1 son moved back home from university
  • deep in the second dance competition, in town
  • weather is miserable with snow showers
  • son gets wisdom teeth out
  • 3rd out of town dance competition next week

are you tired yet, I am exhausted!

Not much sewing being done with this crazy schedule, but I did manage to finally get this quilt finished.

DSCN8434

DSCN8435DSCN8436

This quilt was started back in the fall, taking inspiration from the falling leaves.  I used up all my brown, green, cheddar and brick red scraps to make the crumb squares.  I played and played with the layout until I came up with this.  I stippled around the cheddar borders, and stitched in the ditch around each block. the larger crumb blocks I stitched crazy straight lines (oops didn’t take a close up of that).  I free motioned a vine of leaves in the brown border.

This project was very liberating and something really outside what I usually do.  I think I will have to make  another one.

Be sure to check out other Friday finishes on Amylouwho’s Sew & Tell.  She has some incredible little finishes featured that are sew cute.

9 comments:

  1. oi...I'm tired after reading your list ;) I hope you're able to get some rest in there. Your quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...My past two weeks have been similarly busy! It is exhausting! Congrats on finishing it up! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! ...and what a list!!! I love this scrap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your life and my life need to slow down considerably! LOL

    What a beautiful quilt and I just love the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you about busy!! Lovely quilt!! Cute crumbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy! What a schedule...
    You did an awesome job on the layout of the quilt and the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous quilt - and a great way to use scraps, something that I'm into these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lee, I came by to thank you for your comment on my post at Sew We Quilt and saw this just fabulous quilt.... It is just awesome... well done.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.